Beneficial Features of Engineering Plastics Offered at Mid Continent Plastics
Engineering plastics are basically thermoplastics, which are becoming quick alternatives to metal in various industrial applications. Their easy availability is one of the main reasons for this replacement. In addition to this, the plastics available with us offer several benefits, which are as mentioned below:
- Chemical Composition: The engineering plastics are known for their simple molecular structures with independent macromolecules. Their chemical composition allows easy alterations, whenever necessary.
- Easy to Modify: Physical, chemical, and thermal properties of engineering plastics can be altered by adding fillers and additives. These modifications help optimize the product characteristics to suit application requirements.
- Malleability: These plastics can be softened by heating, then formed, shaped, welded, and solidified easily without severe damaging. Many of these plastics also allow recycling and reprocessing. This brilliant malleability is one of the reasons for the increasing popularity of engineering plastics among welders, and injection molding service providers.
- High Thermal Resistance: Engineering plastics can withstand temperatures between 100 °C and 150 °C, this is why they are mostly termed as technical thermoplastics.
- Excellent Machinability: These thermoplastics provide the same strength and durability as their metal and wood counterparts. Also, they offer the additional benefit of molding into complex shapes.
In addition to the above-mentioned benefits, the engineering plastics are also known for the following:
- Excellent Dimensional Stability
- Good Wear and Tear Resistance
- Good Chemical Resistance
- High Tensile Strength
Why Mid Continent Plastics?
There are many plastic suppliers in the US who specialize in engineering plastics. We stand apart from them due to the following:
A Vast Inventory to Choose From: We own a vast inventory of ready-to-ship engineering plastic resins. Currently, we stock the following engineering plastics:
- ABS + Alloys
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polyamide (Nylon)
- Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBTR)
- Polyether Imide (PEI)
- Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS)
- Polycarbonate (PBTR)
A Wide Range of Industries Served: Over the years, we have had the privilege of serving injection molding services catering to the following industries:
- Healthcare and Medical
Fast Delivery Times: An advanced warehousing facility coupled with strategic alliances with local and national freight carriers allow us to assure fast delivery times.
Being a customer-centric organization, Mid Continent Plastics prioritizes customers over anything else. Our experts will help customers to make the right selection of plastics, and in the right quantities. Do you want to know more about the machinability of engineered thermoplastics offered by us? Please call us at (800) 475-6000. You can also mail us at email@example.com to know more.